Monday 13 May 2019

Manaiakalani Create Meeting

It was a very creative afternoon where we were able to dive into a Manaiakalani Create session with other educators at Tamaki College.  There were so many great create workshops happening and it was hard to choose which one to do!  I decided to go with the workshop where we were able to create a pewter pendant because it was something that I had never done before.  Eric Grundy and Robert Thomas led us through this session.  From melting the pewter... to letting it sit... to taking most of the 90 minute session to sand my way to smoothness - my Kiwi pewter pendant was looking pretty schnazzy by the end.  The wood smells of the tech room made me reminisce of when I was in college and it was great to, once again, step into the shoes of a learner.  Most importantly, it reminded me of the importance of getting our learners engaged and hooking them into learning with meaningful, creative projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dramatic Play Centres, Inquiry Update

Picking up from my last play-based learning update, I had originally planned to go in the direction of more story-telling and small world pl...